Thursday, 2 June 2016

The punishment of every disordered mind is its own disorder

I've been thinking and I have a confession to make.

You see, since I can remember, I wanted too many things at once. My mind is always scattered all over the place. And a consequence? I can't really stay in one place for a long time.

To paraphrase famous words: "The punishment of my disordered mind is my own disorder."


.
.
.

I began this journey as a way to cope. With stress, everyday life and my fears of changing. It was an experiment. Can I write? If so, can I write well enough for someone to read my ranting?

I can't say I have answers to all these questions. But... I think I know where to go from here. The experiment is over. Did it serve its purpose? Yes...

You see, this blog has almost everything that comes to my mind. And all those topics are just too much for one page. Mental health, fairy tales, transgender...

I'd love to split this up. Most likely into 2 separate blogs- one for tales and one to look more professional, with completely separate topics. In addition, I plan on making a youtube channel for transgender related things. Something simple and cute. I already have a vision in my mind about all the details, designs and content. But first,

A girl has to learn what it means to be one

A girl has to find out who she is first

A girl has to wake up from her long sleep

.
.
.


You know, transgender shit and all. You got the point. Message received.

After that I'd like to start with videos. Transgender topic. Everything that deserves more attention will end up on my friend's blog. Hopefully.

Those 2 blogs I will create will be hosted on a custom domain, as I'd love to make them more professional. The first one will keep the name Sidney's Fantasma, with some stories I wrote or am going to write. Mysterion and fantasy. That's it. Words and pictures.

The second one will be focused on my experience in the UK. I don't want to specify yet, but it will be more on my "serious" side.

I know blogging can be free, but I will have to invest. At least a little money- buy custom domains, a camera, one for photography and one for making videos, microphone... Maybe some other things as well. You see, I really need to find a proper job. If everything goes well, I'll be living in the UK next month.

All this advice

I spent an insufferable amount of time reading everything about blogging- all those tips about how to find your niche, how to write, how to get your audience, how to monetise your business. But here's the most important thing I learnt so far: People learn on their experience only. If someone tells you blogging every day is not good, but you blog anyway, thinking you'll get a lot of attention fast, you need to learn your lesson first. As I did. Every single day. A new post. I sweat and cringed and went almost crazy from expectations. But you know what? It's not worth it. Not at all.

In this process I almost forgot why I started blogging. I started to finally find myself. To know who I am and what I want. I didn't start to be well-known or to become rich. And that was my mistake. Not anymore!

So from this day forward, I'm going to publish 2 posts a week, max. If I am in a good mood, I might even add some guest post, but I don't want to promise anything. Quality over quantity, always.

That's about it, folks. I'm sorry if I didn't meet your expectations and failed you. But let's hope it's for the better, not for worse.
About Sidney Aldaine

My name is Sidney Aldaine. And this is the start of my ultimate project, my Fantasma. My way of helping people to make them feel better. My way of contributing something of a value to the world we all live in. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my little corner of the web. Place, where I left a piece of my soul and dreams. A Fantastic place. I would love to call myself a blogger and a writer some day. And I`m not going to give up this dream, at least not until my Fantasma comes into reality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.