Saturday, 26 December 2015

When you just can`t see Christmas anywhere

     I`m back! I wish I could say back on the right track, but... Some things are better than the other and finally, I have some quality time ahead of me to spend on things I love to do. Like this blog, for instance.

     This might be my first year I can`t really find that "Christmasy" joyful mood in me. If I recall previous years correctly, it was always somewhere between making christmas cookies and unwrapping gifts. But this year, I just can`t put my finger on it. What`s missing. I`m certain something is. What is it?



     I didn`t get any christmas gifts. My family likes to spend time in front of TV (should I say Netflix?) rather than doing something together. There is no snow and some flowers and trees think it`s spring already. What a mess. And on the top of that there is this thick fog everywhere. Christmas really couldn`t be much marrier around here :D

Christmas day or Silent Hill?

     So if you are in it with me and really can`t find out what`s missing these days, it might just be your expectations. Everything bad is good for something (if everything positive fails, you can used this sentence to guide you) and I finally realised what this time of the year means for me. What`s different about Christmas and what makes it special for me? Here goes:

  • Being more patient. Especially with people. This time of year I don`t mind waiting 5 more minutes for a bus to come. Any other time of the year and I`d be all over bragging about how unreliable public services are. But not now. I can even relate to people and listen to their bullshit, even when I know they exaggerate. I even like it. Finally, I find joy in any given moment.

  • Sharing is caring. This goes especially for any activities that can be shared. That`s why I mind if my lil` sis favours watching youtube videos over enjoying festivities together. You can probably hear me saying "Can I come with you?" 20 times a day. That`s unusual for someone who is rather left alone.

  • Time stops. Yes. Finally! You know that feeling you had as a small kid when days were just so looong and full of activities? It kind of felt like eternity passed before the sun finally set behind the horizon. It`s back again! That feeling! Yay! At least for me. It`s strange but you know what? It`s nice to feel that way again, after whole year spent with your responsibilities.

  • Suddenly remembering all those things you used to do. All family stories begin with "Do you remember that time when..." and maybe I`m just getting old. But to be reminded and then wonder what`s with those people you used to know makes it special. A Little bit blue and a little bit warm. Unique.

     All those gifts and festivities are here only for us to be reminded of those bullet points. So I don`t really mind we didn`t bake that cake. Or that I don`t have that gift. And yes, I don`t care that there is ZERO snow (I confess, maybe I care a little). After all, it`s foggy, silent hill-ish Christmas outside, but... It`s still Christmas. My Christmas.
About Sidney Aldaine

My name is Sidney Aldaine. And this is the start of my ultimate project, my Fantasma. My way of helping people to make them feel better. My way of contributing something of a value to the world we all live in. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my little corner of the web. Place, where I left a piece of my soul and dreams. A Fantastic place. I would love to call myself a blogger and a writer some day. And I`m not going to give up this dream, at least not until my Fantasma comes into reality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.