Monday, 28 December 2015

Crossroads

     Remember those fairy tales you used to listen to from the lips of your closest ones when little? One of the basic motives there was a prince or a princess forced to head on an adventure. This adventure often lead him, or her through scary places, forests and wicked lands where water strews and sand pours. If they chose the right path on their journey, eventually, thruth would be unveiled and the forces of evil will be destroyed. That`s the right way. If not, well, fairytales don`t really mention what happens if our hero or heroine picks poorly. But we sure can imagine...

     Today I realised I`m standing at the crossroad of my life. Again. I tried to pick the third option and stall the inevitable decision. Another 2 years passed and now I had to finally pick one or another. And here I`m standing yet again, reluctant to change. What a coward.


     But something changed. I made my choice. A long time ago actually. I just had to realise that and move on, down the path I`ve chosen. But I can`t really move. I`m stuck. Who abandons his life just like that? 25 bumpy years seem all of a sudden so hazy. And the road ahead of me has a big turn to the right after first couple of steps, so I can`t see what`s further ahead probably for the first time in my life. I can`t read what`s next, because words are scrambled. I might be scared but there is something more important here.

     I can`t stay where I`m right now. Someone clever once said that life is a constant change, pace or a movement if you will. Stagnation is the worst and we change so that we can find something better for ourselves. I`m no exception. I have to move now. And keep on moving.

     Maybe I chose poorly, maybe I chose wisely. But I made my decision. Let`s just hope this fairy tale won`t turn into a scary movie somewhere along the way. Will I get my "lived happily ever after?" Let`s hope so. In the meantime, I will try to remember who I am and who I want to be. Because that`s the most important thing to remember. Right?

     If you make it simple enough, life is just a bunch of decisions which are then acted upon accordingly. People are unique because of their ability to choose. Of course, starting positions are different for everybody, but change is a constant. Throw back the ball that has been passed to you, because there is no way you can keep it. Show must go on.

     If you hesitate just for a moment, there is a chance you might find yourself in a sorry state. That`s the greatest fear human kind ever had. Fear that everything will stay forever the same. Kind of like heaven. Or hell. One is too nice, the other too bad. But I wouldn`t like to find myself in either of them. But that`s one fairy tale I`ll keep for the next time, my dear friends.
About Sidney Aldaine

My name is Sidney Aldaine. And this is the start of my ultimate project, my Fantasma. My way of helping people to make them feel better. My way of contributing something of a value to the world we all live in. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my little corner of the web. Place, where I left a piece of my soul and dreams. A Fantastic place. I would love to call myself a blogger and a writer some day. And I`m not going to give up this dream, at least not until my Fantasma comes into reality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.