Saturday, 17 October 2015

Find happiness in your life

     "It`s saturday morning, so let`s start with something easy on the brain!" Said me and decided to start with philosophical topic of happiness in one`s life. I must say I enjoy writing inspirational pieces. For the distant possibility that it can make someone`s day better. And for the fact that it helps with my day as well, so expect even more!
   
     This is the answer to a question everybody asks at some point in their lifes: Is there a way to be happy (again)? As all other posts here, this one is too drawn from my experience and I find it uplifting and easy to process.

Just give up


     Give up on things in your life that don`t bring you happiness. Are you constantly irritated in work? Give it up. Nobody`s saying you should give up working or having a job completely, just give up on that particular unhappiness in your life. A reliable signal that something should be let go of is when it`s becoming irritating to you constantly. Anyway, that`s the first phase.

Nothing new under the sun


     I first heard about this way on my philosophy studies; I think it was buddhist philosophy of letting go and reaching nirvana. Of course, our intention here is nowhere near reaching the uplifted state of eternity, but it`s an inspirational thought that counts here.

     Since we are born, we constantly struggle to fit into the society we live in. We live, we work, we study, we do all those things mimmicking the others. But do we really want all those things in our lives? Is it me who wants to find a proper office job, or a pressure from society? All those things we do because of the others, or because we want to "fit in", create an unpenetrable shield around our lives. And as time passes by, more and more things stick to this thick layer of monotoneness and routine. This barrier becomes an ego in person`s life; it`s what others see and think we are from the outside.

It`s time to face a question: Who are you? What makes you happy?


     But ego is not us. Our individuality is swallowed by all those expectations and egoism and we feel something`s not right. That`s  precisely the case when one`s individuality is not in line with one`s activities.

     Many other common phrases seem to touch this topic: "It`s never too late to follow your dreams", "Just be yourself", "Better late than never", "Dream big" and so on. The point is that it all comes to this one point. Just give up on everything that won`t make you happy. You have to actually try and fail many different things in life to find what means to be happy for you and you only.

It`s perfectly fine to fail


     If we all succeed in everything we do, there would be no need for a change to something else in our reality. I know people who have a stable position in a society; good income and a routine life. But they seem...not happy with where they are. You can see something missing from their lives. It`s precisely that fragile ballance between individuality and happiness.

     So go there and try different things. And this is probably the hardest part. Just yesterday I had a nice chat with one lady. She always wanted to be a doctor, but ended up doing office job. Because of circumstance. She said that now, that she`s in her fifties, it`s quite late for her to start. Is it? I know that she probably wouldn`t be a doctor now even if she tried her best, but she can do something else!

Think about what makes you happy about it


     The lady from my example never asked what made her want to be a doctor. Is she fascinated by biology? If so, she can try another approach with something less challenging. Is it helping others? Well, there are plenty of opportunities out there! Or perhaps, it`s the both; fascination by biology and helping others. Again, one doesn`t have to be a doctor to do that.

     But she keeps saying it`s too late for her. Because she has a family now. Because she has children. She settled down and her dream seems so far away. And this is the biggest mistake one could make, because...

Following your dreams does not mean leaving your life behind


     Nobody says you have to go to Amazonian jungle to help poor communities there to gather enough food. Helping others and having a thing for biology are possibilities which can be fulfilled anywhere. With your loved ones at your shoulder. So get up and do it. JUST DO IT! Start with a hobby and see where it leads. It might be a false alarm, but you will never know if you won`t try!

I guess I won`t be a painter, but I had to try :)

About Sidney Aldaine

My name is Sidney Aldaine. And this is the start of my ultimate project, my Fantasma. My way of helping people to make them feel better. My way of contributing something of a value to the world we all live in. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my little corner of the web. Place, where I left a piece of my soul and dreams. A Fantastic place. I would love to call myself a blogger and a writer some day. And I`m not going to give up this dream, at least not until my Fantasma comes into reality.

You Might Also Like

Powered by Blogger.