Thursday, 17 September 2015

Being on an adventure: Part 2

Security

     Apart from having emergency contacts there is one more thing people (and especially me) tend to forget. Find someone, in your immediate area who will be your informational deposit. Tell them what are your plans, where do you want to go tomorrow, who are you coming with. If possible, share your calendar with them. This way, if something happens, people will have the idea what might have happened or where to look for you. On top of that, such designated person can help you, because they`r there, nearby. Unlike your family which you see only on Skype.



     However, there is a second part to this, for when you`r alone. Always, and I mean always look for safe places when outside. This way if you get a weird feeling about a stranger, you will know where to go. Make a mental map with safe zones. Look for shops, info centers, office buildings. You don`t have to stay on the street when you don`t feel safe. I know, pepper spray helps, but it`s always better to avoid confrontation than to get involved.

How to act in public

     This should be a part of getting in line. Again, it seems simple, but I found out I have problems with maintaining proper appearance. The key point here is to look like you know surroundings for a long time. Your step is stable, your appearance cheerful and you seem in hurry. When going into local shops, you always greet cashier with domestic language phrases. You don`t have to be confident, just look like it.



   This is very important. Let me explain. People who want to take advantage of you have some sort of radar that often goes off charts when they see someone seemingly lost, or someone not capable of speaking the common language. It`s often unconscious. You can avoid that by following mentioned points. I know, I know... It`s sort of like acting, because however cheerful you might seem, you must always notice details about people around you and keep track of people you think are to be suspected.
About Sidney Aldaine

My name is Sidney Aldaine. And this is the start of my ultimate project, my Fantasma. My way of helping people to make them feel better. My way of contributing something of a value to the world we all live in. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my little corner of the web. Place, where I left a piece of my soul and dreams. A Fantastic place. I would love to call myself a blogger and a writer some day. And I`m not going to give up this dream, at least not until my Fantasma comes into reality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.