Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Being on an adventure: Part 1

     Finally! You arrived. That overwhelming feeling is soon to be replaced by insecurities of many kinds fueled by weird looks of strangers. Is everything as it should be? Is it going to be as planned?
   


     The safehouse for you should be your new accomodation. Once there, you should regain some security. As in posts before I have some advice for you here as well. So read carefully, I will only write it once :)

Priorities, priorities, priorities!

     I don`t really know if I have to say this, but one never knows so, here goes... After you arrive to your destination, first thing should be for you to head to your new accomodation. No stops anywhere, go to your designated area. I can give you 1 reason straight away. Once you drop off, you are vulnerable. I know that some people are waiting for lone travellers only to take advantage of them. Don`t be an easy prey.



     After you get to your new accomodation you can change your outfit and go enjoy city or whatever you want to do. Not sooner. If you`r a tourist, something similar applies to you too- don`t run around with all your bags and stuff! Why I`m telling you this? Because everyday I see so many people just wondering around through shops with all their bags and I simply can`t believe that! Well, you might say that you are going to be too tired to get out after arriving to your place, but it`s for the better.

Dealing with landlord and flatmates

     So, since you`r already in the flat or wherever similar, first thing you probably do is to go through all the equipment of appartment with landlord, sign agreement etc. I know from my experience that if there was something unclear to me I just thought "Oh well, I`ll figure it out later". I`m stupid, I know, but this has to be stressed: Ask, Ask, Ask. No question is stupid at this point.


     The same goes for your flatmates (if you have any). Arrange the flat meeting where you clearly divide responsibilities for garbage, cleaning rotation of common areas and other important stuff like place in the fridge etc. Do it as soon as possible. It`s not only the organisational must, but also an opportunity to make good first impression. My experience- till this day me and my flatmates have no cleaning schedule, because somebody`s out everytime. It`s my second week. My mistake.

The next part coming soon...

     
About Sidney Aldaine

My name is Sidney Aldaine. And this is the start of my ultimate project, my Fantasma. My way of helping people to make them feel better. My way of contributing something of a value to the world we all live in. Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my little corner of the web. Place, where I left a piece of my soul and dreams. A Fantastic place. I would love to call myself a blogger and a writer some day. And I`m not going to give up this dream, at least not until my Fantasma comes into reality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.